Wednesday, February 25, 2009

yesterday's shopping trip

Wow--it was a long day.

Walgreens- I bought the Fusion Gamer power razor. It was $8.99, and I used a $4 coupon. I bought 3 little boxes of valentine candy for 25 cents each, and 3 boxes of valentines peeps for 10 cents each (the kids don't care if it is leftover from valentines...as long as they get candy!) I paid $6.64 (tax included) and got a $6 register reward back. :)

***********************************


Kmart doubles- I bought 2 KY Warming liquids @ $4.59 each, minus $2 coupon each (doubled) making them .59 each

1 KY warming mist on clearance for $3.64, minus the $2 coupon, making it free

1 Carefree pantyliner $1.29 minus $1 coupon (free)

1 Goodlife Dog food $5.99- $2 coupon (1.99)

1 Pounce cat treat $1.29- .75 coupon (free)

4 Quaker Quakes rice cakes $1.99 each - $1 coupon each (free)

I paid $4.52 OOP

It was a short trip. I took the 2 younger children and it was a HUGE mistake. I will try again another day.

********************************


Kroger-

It was a long trip. I bought a lot I needed that weren't really on the sale list. A couple of highlights, though. I found a Off Power Pad lamp on clearance for $4.99 and had a $3 coupon, so I paid $1.99 for it.

The small Pillsbury crescent rolls were on sale $1 each. I had .35 cent coupons for them. I bought 3. With double coupons, they were 90 cents for all 3. There is a catalina promotion (the coupons that come out at checkout) if you buy 3 Pillsbury dough products, you get $1.50 off your next order, if you buy 4, you get $2.00 OYNO, and buy 5 or more, and get $3 OYNO. So, I got $1.50 back. I made 60 cents on them. You can roll these in another transaction (use your coupon to purchase more, then get another coupon). I will go back tomorrow.

Kraft cheese is 2/$4. If you are lucky enough to still have the .75/1 blinkie in front of your cheese, these are $1.25/bag. (Coupon is for 2% cheese) This is a great deal!

So, in the end, I saved 42%. Not great, but it included some things not on sale, so I'll live.

**************************************

Ok, I tried the Arby's roastburger yesterday. There are 3 to choose from. I chose poorly.

It wasn't that it was BAD...but, I picked the all- American. It was made up just like a burger...lettuce, onion, tomato, pickle, mustard and ketchup. Something about mustard and ketchup on my roast beef doesn't sit well with me. I hear the bacon cheddar one is yummy, so I will try that one.

**********************************

Please remember you can add coupons to your shopping card at
shortcuts.com
cellfire.com
and the P&G e-saver

********************************

Short rant: I bought Sylvania compact fluorescent lightbulbs...the ones that are supposed to last a while? 2 have already burned out. These things aren't the cheapest things in the world. I think I will be sticking to GE.

Have a great shopping day!

No comments:

Post a Comment