I've already had several people ask what I think. Well, to tell the truth, I didn't watch. I had already been warned about it. Here is what I think:
I stockpile. I coupon a LOT. I have gone to recycle bins to get extra coupons. I do not find anything wrong with any of that. Do I have a warehouse full of stuff? No. Do I constantly clear shelves? No. (in fact, if you remember the Aqua Pod fiasco, you remember I was quite vocal about NOT clearing shelves) So I buy more than I can personally use? Often.
With my stockpile, a lot of times I give away, sell, or gift things. There is always a table at my yard sales with new items. If things come up where organizations or people need donations, I do so. I make gift baskets for people I know for Christmas. I don't have a billion things sitting around until they go bad. I have posted pics of my regular stockpiles before. I do not have it stuffed in every corner of my home.
I personally feel that TLC did not want to put people on who do that. I don't think they were looking for people who stockpile for short periods, who work to save money on their bills, etc. I think they were looking for shock value tv. They were looking for people who are out of control. That is not me, and it's not what I want for you.
I have 3 growing sons, and we go through a lot of things. My stockpile helps with that, and it helps me save enough money on our grocery bills that we can afford to do other, nice things. Everyone needs to save money. You don't have to hoard everything on the planet to be a couponer. Do we recommend that you stockpile for 12 week cycles? Absolutely, if you can. (If you remember, I told you a lot of things are on sale in 12 week cycles) If you can't, it's not the end of the world.
Don't get sucked in to this show thinking that is what I am, what the other bloggers are, or what we are trying to get you to be. If you want to watch, great, but keep in mind that most couponers are not like that. You can save money and stockpile without going to an extreme.
I do want to add that one person I know was on the show, Nathan, donates a large portion of his hauls. I cannot speak for anyone else. I do not know him personally, but do know of a website he is affiliated with.
I hope you have a great shopping day!
- Amazon Year-end deals
- Wet Ones at Rite Aid 1/2
- Extreme couponing on TLC
- Kohl's Clearance
- For those of you who aren't aware....
- FREE SOAP!!!
- Amazon MP3 credit
- Free one day shipping on select items!
- Toys Story 3 Buzz Lightyear Action Pack
- This is super cute...
- Pictureka for only $4.99
- Another Amazon/Crayola deal
- Crayola Glow Explosion Spin Magic for $3.99!
- New Giveaway winner picked!
- Giveaway Winner!!!!
- Scotch Thermal Laminator for $16.99!!! Reg $80.49
- Old Navy
- Get $5 off a $5 or more order plus free shipping
- Look what I just bought for only .29!
- Get a Matchbox Toy Story 3 Western Building System...
- 2 Free xbox 360 downloadable games
- A couple of good toy deals
- Hal the Moose $6.99 shipped
- Free paperback book from Amazon
- Free shipping from Disney!
- Free Spicy Chicken biscuit from Chick Fil A - sign...
- Free Snickers Nutcrackers at Walgreens
- Hasbro Deal at Amazon
- Today only 50% off Melissa and Doug
- Free MP3's!
- ▼ December (33)
- ► 2009 (88)