Sunday, December 13, 2009

A few goodies...

Oprah magazine is only $5 for a year here.

Save up to 75% at Amazon.com on games.

Walgreens will be having the $5 extra RR again on the 16th and 17th

Kroger has some e-coupons on their website! This is new, so I don't know if the paper coupons will be able to be used too, like with Cellfire and Shortcuts, but it's worth a shot!

***************************************

If you're under the age of 10, read no further..............come to think of it, if you're under the age of ten, turn off the computer and go play outside.

Now.......

I am afraid this may be my 5 year old's last year believing in Santa. (Now, we all believe a LITTLE in Santa, right?) Kids on the bus have been telling him there's no Santa. (Seriously, if you have older kids, PLEASE tell them not to ruin it for little ones!) So far, he is not listening, but who knows about next year. SO-- I'm trying really hard to make it memorable for him..a little piece of magic.

The night before Christmas Eve (because Christmas Eve is so busy!) we will bake cookies for Santa. I bought place and bake cookies so he could do it himself except for the oven part. We also will make reindeer food...I cannot convince my husband to dress up as Santa, so if anyone else has any ideas, I'd be happy to hear them.

One year, one of the kids asked me how come Santa comes on Jesus's birthday...I told them because Santa celebrates Jesus's birthday by bringing all kids presents. I think they bought it at the time. We may make Jesus a birthday cake, but last year, no one ate it because we just had SO much Christmas food.

I love the magic my kids got at Christmas with Santa. Of course, they know the real reason behind Christmas, but they also have some magic. I love the faces lighting up when Santa has magically brought them all of their presents while they were sleeping. It's a beautiful thing. If this is his last year, I will miss it. :(

No comments:

Post a Comment