Monday, March 22, 2010

The importance of a up to date coupon box...

Geez I have been slacking on my coupons. With the move and everything, I haven't gone through and added many new coupons, nor have I taken out all of the expired ones. What a mess!!! I went to the store a couple of times last week and nearly lost my mind. (For those that know me, you know that I've lost most of it already.) I have, in the past week, stood in front of displays, coupons fanned out in my hands in front of me, on the brink of tears, but I still managed to get in on some deals. So, take it from me, make it easier on yourself and go through your box/binder/whatever you have regularly.

Also, I think I need a t-shirt...something that says on the back "I have LOTS of coupons". Sometimes, I think some of the people behind me are going to be the ones having nervous breakdowns. It's interesting...seeing reactions. Some people are impatient, and some actually stand behind me, cheering me on. It makes a coupon Mama proud. :)

One of the best deals I got this week was from Food Lion. They had Jennie-O ground turkey BOGOF, which means they ring up 1/2 off. Some of these are already taco flavored or italian flavored so you can add them to meals easily. WELL, they were originally $4, making them $2 with the sale, and they had $1 peelies on them!!! Of course, I bought a bunch. Any time I can find a great deal on meat, I am all over it. I also found some short-dated honey ham Budding Deli cuts marked to $1.24 and I had $1 coupons.

At Walmart, I found some Tennessee Titans Fusion razors on clearnance for $3, and I had $4 coupons, making them free with profit. I found 2 boxes of hair color on clearance for $1 each, and used 1 $2 off coupon to get them both free.

The deal at Krogers, buy 8 items and get $4 off is still good this week. I will post my deals from last week if and when I find my stupid receipt. I swear those things run from me. There is also an upcoming Catalina deal on Betty Crocker potatoes:

Buy 1, get .50 OYNO
Buy 2, get $1.50 OYNO
Buy 3 or more, get $3 OYNO.

There are usually coupons out for these, as well as some on Cellfire and/or Shortcuts.


Target has Target coupons for Connect 4. Use it and the coupon from yesterday's paper to get it free. The other ones will get you the games for next to nothing. These would be good for Easter, birthdays, or even to set back for Christmas. You can also check here.

Sign up here to get a free photo book. You do have to pay $8.99 shipping, but it's a $40 value and it's 20 pages, so it would make a great gift.

The April edition of All You will have a coupon for a free Rimmel product, up to $5. You can only redeem it at Walmart.

Tomorrow is free cone day at Ben and Jerry's for those lucky enough to have them. It runs from 12-8.

Campbell's coupons, including $1/2 here.

$10/$30 at Party City through the 31st!

A new GeoTrax DVD is up!

I have written a few companies since we moved.
Cape Cod Potato chips send me a bunch of .55 coupons
Classico sent me 3 .50 coupons and a free Smart Ones entree
SCJohnson sent me a new coupon booklet.

I know I tend to sound obessessed about my coupons, but I'm really not. My goal is to get us food, cleaning, and every day items as cheap as I can, but also to save money. When you feed 3 growing boys, you need to save as much as you can, because they eat like cockroaches. I am trying to utilize more leftovers and that sort of thing as well, too. For instance, we had chicken the other night, and I made the leftovers into chicken salad for lunch the next day.

I am going to try to have a small garden again this year. I really enjoyed canning my own salsa and spaghetti sauce last year. It's starting to get warm again, and I really want to get out there and plant. I wish it would hurry and stay warm a while!

Do you have a blog? If you have a blog that is FAMILY FRIENDLY, add me to your blog roll, send me an email at dimestretchermom@gmail.com and let me know you did it. Once I check it out, I will return the favor! Let's all help each other out!

Kids Bowl free this summer! Check for a participating place near you! They can get 2 free games every day!

Become a fan of Hotwheels on Facebook to get something cool from them...I don't know what it is yet, but that's what they say is coming!

Some Targets have beach towels in the Dollar Spot for $2.50. There are $2 coupons on the website.

I am unsure how to get all of those nifty little buttons running up and down the sides of my blog. I have some, but there are some that I'm not sure about, so if you read me, and you can help me, please let me know. Believe it or not, I'm kinda computer illiterate. LOL

Have a great shopping day!

No comments:

Post a Comment