Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Today's shopping trip

I wore myself out today.

I went to Walgreens first to try the razor deal I posted on my fan page. I bought:

1 6 pack double rolls of Charmin toilet paper. It was on clearance for $3.59, and I used a .25 coupon. Not great, but I needed TP and that was cheap enough for right now.

1 Plackers 90 ct toothpicks $2, got a $2 RR back

7 Hallmark sympathy cards, and 1 Hallmark birthday card. Sympathy cards were .49, and the bday card was .99= $4.42 and I got a $5 RR back

3 packs of Scotch packing tape .99 each with the in-ad coupon, and I used 3 $1 coupons to make them free.

1 Schick Quattro titanium disposeable razors $5.99. There are $4 coupons out, but all I had were $2 coupons, so I paid $3.99 and got back a $3 RR and a $1 RR

With tax, my total was $14.86, and I got back $11 in RR
So, I get out to the car, then decide that was too good of a deal on those not to go again. A manager had rung me up, so for some reason I felt weird going back in. I guess I didn't want to appear to be a coupon crazed register reward maniac, which I am, but I didn't want to appear that way. I ninja'ed my way back in, picked up my razors, paid with a $2 RR and a $2 coupon, oop was $1.99 and I got back $4 in RR.

***************************

After all of that, I moseyed on over to Walmart, where I didn't get too much because I had a gift and some paint to buy. I did get:

Tide Stain release $3.97- $3 coupon = .97
6 cans of Alpo $4.02- $1 coupon from coupons.com = $3.02/6
Edwards lemon meringue pie single $1.12- $1 coupon= .12
1 pack of Schick disposeables $1.97- $2 coupon = .03 profit
TGI Fridays potato skins $2.48-$1.50 coupon = .98 (also on coupons.com)
La Cross emery boards $1.00-.50 peelie on pack= .50
Windex Multi-Surface $2- $1 coupon also on coupons.com- $1
*************************

You can get some high value Stouffers coupons by becoming a fan on facebook. These are on sale at Walmart and Kroger right now.

*************************

After I did all of that, I went to JCPenney's. I had a $10/$10 coupon that had come in the mail. After browsing the store, I decided to buy a nice bra. Honestly (and I know you care) I have been wearing sports bras the majority of the time because I HATE underwire. (Relax, if I dress up, I wear the underwire-trying-to-stab-me-in-the-heart-bra.) So, I was wandering through the store and I got to thinking how much I miss being in a pretty bra, and I broke down and bought one. It was originally $34, on sale for $16.88 and I used my coupon to make it $6.88. It's probably the most expensive (orginal price) bra I have ever owned. I usually buy mine at outlets. But it's pretty and I am happy.

************************

I have a new giveaway coming up. Keep watching!! Fans on FB will get a heads up before it's posted.

Have a great shopping day!

No comments:

Post a Comment