Wednesday, October 29, 2008

my shopping day

Ok, I tried the Robitussin deal at Walgreens, and it did work for me. I bought 3, used 3 $2 off coupons, and got $15 back. Total haul.. 3 Robitussin, 4 Ramen noodles (fillers), 1 Sunbeam warming throw for my husband for Christmas (don't tell him!), paid $35, got $20 back ($5 back on the throw), and will send for the manufacturer's rebate on the throw. Counting that, the grand total was $10. I am satisfied with that.

I went to Walmart, and there were peelie coupons on Rice Krispies and Cocoa Krispies to get $1 off of marshmallows when you bought one of the cereals. I had $1 off a Kellogg's cereal coupon (printable), making the cereal $1.38, and their marshmallows are $1.08, so I paid 8 cents for the marshmallows. If a coupon is for something ELSE when you buy an item, you almost always can use a coupon for the item you have to buy to get the other...if that makes sense to you.

Not much was new there. I got the $2 Gillette shampoo and bodywash free- those coupons expire Friday. I got the $4.97 Fusion razor (it only has 1 cartridge) for 97 cents with coupon...also expires Friday. I got several 23 cent Green Giant steamers with the $1 coupon, 2 Seapak shrimp poppers for 32 cents each with the $1 coupon (I think they went up a few cents). I got another $5.97 Febreze Noticeables with the $5 coupon, making it 97 cents. That coupon expires Friday as well. I love Walmart.

Food Lion emailed me coupons this week for $1 off of FL shredded cheese, $1 FL Toaster pastries, $2 off a $5 or more purchase from the produce dept., and $1 off 5 Del Monte tomatoes.

Please feel free to email me at dimestretchermom@gmail.com with any questions. Sometimes, it doesn't occur to me to talk about anything unless someone asks.

No comments:

Post a Comment